Moving day is a term used in Golf – it’s referenced as the round before the final day of a tournament. It’s when the standings start to solidify before the final round run for the title.
We’re taking a page from that and introducing our own version of moving day. On August 1st, the 4th and final week of our short regular season we will bring our own version of moving day to the field.
Teams will have the opportunity to set up their playoff seeding. It will give them a chance to secure a first round bye or jockey to play a team they feel more comfortable competing against.
Here’s how it works
Each team will play the team above and below them in the standings.
- 1st will play 2nd and 6th
- 2nd will play 1st and 3rd
- 3rd will play 2nd and 4th
- 4th will play 3rd and 5th
- 5th will play 4th and 6th
- 6th will play 5th and 1st
So each team will have a chance to move up and down the standings right before the playoffs are upon us. Let’s take a look at that with the current standings
If the standings stay the same after next week then
- Tigers would play Eagles and Lions
- Eagles will play Tigers and Falcons
- Falcons will play Eagles and Owls
- Owls will play Falcons and Wolves
- Wolves will play Owls and Lions
- Lions will play Wolves and Tigers
What we’re hoping for
- Chance to feel some playoff intensity without the elimination element of the playoffs
- Chance to see some previews of what we can expect from likely matchups in the playoff week that follows
- Some interesting moves on the standings right after the trade deadline (July 25 @ 23:59)
You can expect these games to show up on your schedule right after the standings are set after the games on July 25.
Good luck to everyone and may the best teams win!
Let us know what you think in the comments below 👇🏽