We are pleased to announce that the Ramadhan Tournament will be returning this year.
By the grace of the Almighty, and thanks to the support from members of The Canadian Muslim Vote, as well as the continued support from City of Brampton and the CAA Centre we are pleased to be able to bring you back the JMS League Ramadhan Tournament. The Ramadhan tournament has been a long time favourite of many players as it is a chance to play during a month where playing in the day time is unavailable for many of us. We have always tried to make new teams and give players a chance to play with players they would otherwise never know. It also gives us a chance to share a meal together before the next day of fasting. We’re thrilled to have the tournament back and are continuing with the 4 team style, which will ensure maximum play time.
We’re not sure if this will happen again next year, so please don’t miss your chance.
Registration will open tomorrow (Saturday, April 27, 2019) at 2:00 PM ET. It will be open for as long as it takes to fill 72 places. The cost is $150 + Any applicable transaction fees.
This year’s tournament will include the following
- 3 Weeks of Play – Games will be played on May 11, May 18, and on June 1 from 10:30 PM to 2:00 AM at the CAA Centre in Brampton.
- Nightly Sehri – Sehri will be provided to all players at the diamond, we will be working to arrange for a BBQ
- Jerseys – All teams will be provided t-shirt style jerseys with your desired number
- New Teams – Teams will be made and will include a mix of players some you have played with and some you have never played with. The idea is to introduce you to other players and to make the season to come more exciting as you compete against former teammates.
- New Captains – We will reach out to players to serve as captains, you may never have served as a captain before so this will be the chance to serve in the role for a limited period of time. You don’t need to draft a team, you just need to worry about making the lineup each night, and making sure the team has all the information they need.
- 4 Teams – We will be accepting up to 4 teams with 12 players on each team.
- Minimum 7 Games – Teams will play 3 games each on May 11,3 games each on May 18, and 2 games on June 1. We will be playing two full round robins, followed by a single elimination tournament. With both finals for 1st and 3rd place being played.
Example Schedule (Not Official)
If you’re ready to sign up, please click the link below – it will not work before 2:00 PM ET on April 27, 2019.
(Maximum 72 Registrations)
|8 Games in the Tournament|
|New Teams with New Players|
|T-Shirt Style Jersey|
|Sehri Provided Each Night|
|Fee: $150 + Transaction Fees|
|CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP (4 Spots Remaining)|